Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fitness First

Yesterday, I looked around Fitness First (Metro East) and was quite impressed with the facilities with their TVs and equipment. I also got a brochure which is essentially a raffle promotion. I never went inside the gym my entire life, and my parents have a traditional, anti-equipment view which essentially disallowed me to even think of joining. I used to be thin, until high school. Since then, I've grown one or two points above the body mass index. I think joining a gym regularly should be a priority for me by next year (since this year would be quite hectic).

Earlier, I signed up with FF's one day promotion, not sure when they would contact me, although I don;t have plans to join a membership, at least not yet. I read several blogs and threads exposing FF's alleged financial trickery (charging even after the contract is over). i would probably pay in cash rather than credit card as a precaution.

I've heard of another gym (Eclipse) and I think their philosophy is quite sincere. They call themselves a "renegade" fitness center because they know how the industry works and what does and doen't work. Congrats to the founder in advance for thinking differently. They sure are entrepreneurial. They don't even franchise to ensure their quality and adherance to company philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment